«DreamPointe 2007» pointe shoes….
have pre-arched shanks. There are a few benefits to a pre-arched shank construction:
Allows the break-in process to feel more accurate, predictable and natural-feeling as it works more precisely with the foot from the beginning.
Reduces stress on the shank and box during the break-in process and can extend the lifespan of the shoe by making the supportive qualities last longer.
The pre-arched shape of the shank also reduces stress on the foot itself; dancers with medium to high arches can feel the difference immediately; dancers with low arches often find it more natural to reach full pointe in pre-arched shanks.
Dancers report less stress on the Achilles tendon, feel more lifted and supported, and appreciate the way the pre-arched models highlight their arches.
• are paste-free and the use of thermoformable materials help make the insole very lightweight.
• have a box made of natural materials that absorbs moisture and is adjustable to any foot arch.
• have an insole assembled by hand for any foot work and muscle strengthening.
• have forefront padding and pillow-like insoles that guarantee added comfort and coziness.
• invoke confidence and safety when dancing.
• innovative construction that makes the shoes very quiet. Jumping and bourrées will no longer be heard as “bangs” on stage.
• are light and airy.
«DreamPointe 2007» pointe shoes will benefit those who:
• have an “Egyptian” foot form or those who have a foot form between “Egyptian” and “Square”.
• need more lateral support. DreamPointes have longer, flexible wings.
Exam Demi Pointe Shoe Data:
• Last type: Grishko-2007
• Box: Slightly Tapered
• Arch: Low to Medium
• Platform: Flat and stable medium platform, balanced by hand
• Vamp: U-shaped medium vamp
• Colour: Pink
• Very Quiet
• With Drawstring
• More than 3x longer lifespan than traditional pointe shoes
Is the pre-arched model for everyone?
Pre-arching can meet the specific needs for some dancers. For them, this shoe can make a truly significant different to their pointework. For others, it may be a personal preference. Every dancer is unique and so is his/her needs. However, whether pre-arched or not, the goal is to find perfect placement (i.e. centered on the platform, neither pulling back nor pushing too far forward).
Is pre-arching a form of “cheating” on the dancer’s way to pointe?
The pre-arched form of the shank does not take the place of good technique and cannot force the dancer into proper pointe placement! Dancers must use their strength and articulation just as much as they would need in traditional shoes. Sometimes, the pre-arch just gives that little extra to achieve the perfect placement goal.
Please do not break in these pointe shoes!! Breaking in the shanks will damage their supportive properties, rendering it unusable.
Pointe Shoes must never be stored in plastic bags.
These shoes should never be washed or handled with steam.
To keep the box from getting too soft too quickly, let the shoes air dry for a minimum of 24 hours after each use. For dancers who dance on pointe every day, it is recommended to rotate 2 or 3 pairs of pointe shoes to allow enough drying time between wears. This will extend the lifetime of the pointe shoes.